Huawei Y8S Key Specs & Features
- 6.5 inches IPS LCD Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~396 ppi)
- Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9.1, Google Play Services
- Octa-core Kirin 710 (12 nm)
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB Built-in Storage up to 256GB Memory Card
- 48 MP + 2 MP Dual Rear Cameras
- 8 MP + 2 MP Dual Front Cameras
- 4G LTE Network
- Fingerprint (Rear-mounted)
- Charging 10W
- 4000 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
There is no doubt about it that the Huawei Y8S body is built with plastic. The device is well crafted that many will mistake it to a premium phone. The smooth panel is home to the cameras, an LED flash, logo, and also the fingerprint scanner.
The whole body measures 162.4 x 77.1 x 8.1 mm in dimensions and weight 180 grams.
It has a screen size of a 6.5-inch IPS LCD that produces a full HD+ resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels.
It packs a tall aspect ratio of 19.5:9. To accommodate the two front-facing cameras. The wide notch is just perfect for this arrangement.
As for the camera, the Huawei Y8S has a combo camera system. The main camera is 48-megapixel with f/1.8 aperture. This is accompanied by a 2-megapixel depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture.
The phone camera support Super Night Shot mode for better photography in low-light conditions. Other features include HDR, panorama and it can record 2K videos. There is also a dual front-facing camera that includes 8 MP wide with 2 MP for depth effect.
Hardware and Software
Rocking the Huawei Y8S is a Kirin 710 chipset which is a perfect match for the 12nm process technology. The SOC has an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.2 GHz with Mali-G51 MP4 for graphics.
The memory includes a 4GB RAM based variant with a 64GB inbuilt storage, while the higher variant comes with a 4 GB of RAM and 128 GB of built-in storage. You can still expand the storage if you wan up to 256GB using a micro SD card.
Battery and Network
The battery on the device is 4,000mAh but lacks support for fast charging. It runs on Android 9 Pie OS coupled with EMUI 9.1 UI on top. However, the phone comes with Google Play Services which is a good thing.
The phone has dual SIMs with 4G LTE Network and other connectivity options such as Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, micro USB and 3.5mm audio jack.
- Platform: Android 9.0 (Pie), EMUI 9.1, Google Play Services
- Processor: Kirin 710 (12 nm), Octa-core (4×2.2 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53)
- GPU: Mali-G51 MP4
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Colours: Emerald Green, Midnight Black
- Dimension: 162.4 x 77.1 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 180 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)