The Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G is the special edition of the Samsung Galaxy Fold smartphone. Just as the name suggests, it comes with a foldable display inside and a second cover display, offering you the portability of a smartphone when folded and the large display of a tablet when spread out. Of course, you get super fast 5G support.
Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G Key Specs & Features
- 7.3 inch Foldable Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1536 x 2152 pixels (362 ppi), HDR10+
- 4.6 inch Super AMOLED Display, 720 x 1680 pixels, 21:9 aspect ratio
- Android 9.0 Pie, 12GB RAM
- Octa-core Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855
- 16 MP + 12 MP + 12 MP Triple Rear Camera
- 10 MP + 8 MP Front Camera
- 10 MP Cover Camera
- Fingerprint Scanner (Side)
- 512GB inbuilt Storage
- 5G Network Support
- 4G LTE
- Fast Charging (15W Capacity)
- 15W Fast Wireless Charging
- 4235 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design And Display
In terms of body design, the Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G is made of an Aluminum alloy and glass. It was announced in two colors shade such as Black and Silver.
When unfolded, it has body dimensions of 160.9 x 117.9 x 6.9 mm, while when folded it has 160.9 x 62.9 x 15.5 mm in dimensions and it weighs 263 grams. It comes with Samsung Pay (Visa, MasterCard certified).
The phone parades a dual display. The first one which turns it to tablet has 7.3 inches under Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1536 x 2152 pixels and 362 PPI density.
The cover display has a screen size of 4.6 inches with Super AMOLED and a resolution of 720 x 1680 pixels. Both displays have screen protection and HDR10+.
The camera modules on the Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G are made up of a 16 megapixels ultra-wide camera, a 12 megapixels telephoto camera, and another 12 megapixels wide-angle camera. The main camera features LED flash, HDR, panorama and it can shoot 4K videos quality.
The front shooter is 10 megapixels sensor with an additional 8 MP for depth photos when unfolded, while the cover camera is 10 MP when folded. Both cameras can shoot 4K videos and they have HDR support.
Hardware And Software
Taking charge of the Samsung Galaxy Fold 5G is a powerful Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 chipset built on 7 nm process technology. It has an octa-core processor clocking at a speed of 2.84 GHz with Adreno 640 for graphics. The handset is powered by Android 9.0 Pie operating.
As for the memory, you’ll get generous inbuilt storage of 512GB with a huge 12GB RAM which will handle anything you throw at it. Unfortunately, the memory is not expandable and to be fair, there’s no need for that.
Battery Power And Network
On the battery capacity, the Galaxy Fold 5G has a massive non-removable battery of 4235 mAh with both fast and wireless charging technology. The juicer should be able to last a full day under normal usage. It comes with power bank reverse wireless charging 9W.
The connectivity options on the device include 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC, and USB Type-C port. You will also get stereo speakers that are equipped with Dolby Atmos to surround sound technology
- Platform: Android 9.0 Pie
- Processor: Qualcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm), Octa-core (2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 2.42 GHz Tri-core Kryo 485 & 1.78 GHz quad-core Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640
- Memory: 12 GB RAM
- Colours: Space Silver, Cosmos Black
- Dimension: Unfolded: 160.9 x 117.9 x 6.9 mm, Folded: 160.9 x 62.9 x 15.5 mm
- Weight: 263 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Single Nano-SIM